Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So much to do...vent a little....

I am horrible at this blogging thing. I know that I am supposed to do it more often, but then I get caught up in life. You all have it. It's like an infection that blisters and bleeds. Its laundry, dishes, cleaning, working, and trying to fill in a little of summer fun.

So a little update:....drumroll please.......I am now at 97 pounds lost. I am just so thrilled! I can harldy wait to see the 100 pounds lost. And then when I get to under 300 pounds I am gonna take a picture and I want to never see that number again on the scale.

I have been working so hard, watching what I eat and pushing myself a little harder each day. Since my little accident with my knee, I have been afraid to walk. But I am hoping that one of these days I will be inspired enough to get back out there.

So about my job. Now don't get me wrong, I love my job. I love the people that I work with, but I don't love the customer base. They are the whiniest, bitchiest, tantrum to get their own way people. Sometimes I just want to scream at them and say, "This is not freakin Burger King, you can't have it your way!" I am sorry that it is my fault that you don't have a cell phone signal in your house. Apparently it is my big bertha ass hovering over your house and blocking all the signal. I'm sorry. I apologize more at work than I ever have. I believe in what I sell and love the business that I am in. But hell, do they have a school to teach people to be assholes? Sorry for the little vent. I guess being off work for 2 days has given me time to reflect and to realize that I don't want to go back tomorrow. I don't like the feeling of not wanting to go to work. I used to love work.

So basically the moral of the story is this. That person that is serving you today is someones daughter, son, mother, father, sister, brother, and friend. How would you like if someone treated them like crap? I live by the golden rule. Treat others how you would want to be treated.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Today is the first day that I read your blogger, can't recall how I found you. Congratulations on your weight loss. I am having the lap band surgery in Nov and I am excited to follow you on your journey. You look wonderful, keep it up!

JMagallon _ dreamINparadise said...

I know exactly how you feel..
just keep the faith...
i wish i had your determination though... i start up something, but i would only end up messing it up...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I too am working on losing weight. It's a struggle, but it will be so worth it. It's nice to read someone's blog who's going through the process too.

Michael Reardon said...

I'm sorry to say that I wasn't here at the beginning, but the 100 lbs mark is not a bad place for me to come in.

Allow me to give you a very much deserved congratulations.

As far as rude people at work go, my strategy is to remember that they have no power to ruin my day.

And anyone that angry probably has had their day ruined already so...

Score = me: 1 them: 0

Hang in there.

Ajab Boparai said...

i FULLY agree with you- Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself!

As for your weight loss-- way to go gurl!

i'm sure you could share some tips with me... !! :)

Elisabetta said...

Vent on....those people at your work need to take a look at themselves. Congrats on the pounds lost. Don't ever feel like you need to fit in. This world tries to tell us how to be and the most important thing is how we feel.

Elle Superstar said...

hi there, i just happened to come across your blog. congrats on the weight loss so far, and good luck with the rest! i'm cheering you on! :)

evelyn said...

I know Im not so great at blogging but i enjoyed your blog and know how it feels to live in a world obsessed with being thin.Im glad you lost so much weight.how did you do it.Congrats.I guess its better to try to fit in then stick out like a sore thumb.Again i hope you reach ur one hundred soon.

sunshine said...

This is my first time on your blog, but so I want to say first WOW! congrats on your journey to loose weight, good for you and keep it up!

I know it's hard to post everyday sometimes, but what I always think is that the most important thing about keeping a blog is to enjoying and not make it a chore, right?

Anyway, again keep up the good work and have a nice day!

Ashley said...

You are absolutely right about the golden rule! People don't want to think that everyone is important to someone. Tell 'em to shove it! haha or use my favorite phrase "I'm sorry you feel that way"

Erin said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I was checking out Blogs on Note and saw your blog listed under the Throwing Quarters blog. I've just lost a lot of weight too and can definately relate.

Erin Blackwell