Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just some updates

So I know I got stalled again on blogging. Sorry is all I can say. Hopefully I can get better at this and start learning how to blog from my Blackberry. But anyway, let me update on whats been going on shall I?

So two and half weeks ago I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and I was in the worse pain ever. Imagine being in a ring of the UFC kickboxing and getting kicked in the stomach over and over. Not a pretty picture right? So I laid there in bed until my husband woke up to go to work and told him I needed to go see the doctor. Well, with the other symptoms that I have experienced in the past month such as blood in my stool and some abdominal pain, he admitted me into the hospital. So after having CT scans, ultrasounds, an endoscopy, and an anal exam they found out that my gall bladder is full of gall stones, I have a hernia, and to top it all off a hemroid. So much big fun! (Can you smell the sarcasm?) So this past Friday, I had my gall bladder removed. I'm glad it's over, but I am not enjoying the feeling of being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep through the night. So after I had surgery, I ended up having to stay in the hospital for two nights due to me not being able to breathe correctly. I just could not take deep breath. It felt like a band around my chest. So I was on oxygen for the 2 days I was in the hospital. But now that I am home, and on Percocet, I am feeling much better. I am going back to work on Thursday so I better get my butt in gear.

Another update:
I have finally hit the 100 pounds lost!!!! And I am also under 300 pounds now. I never ever ever ever wanna see that number on the scale again! When I got up on the scale and saw that I was 299 I stood there and cried and cried. I cried like a person who just won the lottery. I feel on top of the world. I felt like I could accomplish anything. And I realized that if I want to do something, all I have to do is put my mind to it and I can do anything.

So all in all, everything has been going well. My sister's baby is almost due (October 4th) and we've had her two baby showers that came off amazingly well. Plus she is having a girl and that makes it even sweeter. And I am so excited to be a aunt again!! So once I get the blogging from my Blackberry down pat, I can start to keep up with the blogging aspect of my life.

2 comments:

Adan said...

i can help you blog from your phone.

glad to see you are doing well.

Ashley said...

Congrats on hitting the 100lbs mark!!! Hate to hear that you've been so sick, the gall bladder surgery is rough I remember all too well.