Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Back!!!

Sorry that it has been so long since I have last blogged. I have just been busy with going back to work and reading the Twilight series. I am soooo in love with Edward Cullen. If I was not a happily married woman, I would so be his stalker. I am on the third book and just addicted to them. I just cannot put them down. Here is a pic of Edward from the movie:


See, what did I tell you. He is just so dreamy. Yeah, I did say dreamy. I can't wait until the next movie is out. Each book just gets better and better. If you haven't read them yet, you must! I demand it. When you do read them, let me know how you like them.

But on to bigger and better things. Update time!!! Yes, I know you have been waiting for it. So I have been stuck in my 350's for a while and been very disappointed. I figured it would go faster, but then just yesterday I weighed in at 350 and then today I weighed myself again and I weighed in at a very cool 348. I am so happy. I was so excited and so proud of myself and I just stood there and cried. I was going to take a picture of it, but I haven't had my toenails done in a while so maybe my next goal. So now my new short term goal is 300 lbs. And I am working harder than ever to get there. But while I was stuck in the 350's I was looking for some inspiration to help me get my butt in gear and I found this picture:
Everytime I see this picture I just laugh to myself and think I came this far I can do anything. Plus the fact is that I hate Dr. Phil and believe he is devil's spawn so it makes me angry and makes me want to prove him wrong. So it works for me. Hope it makes you laugh.

Next update is that my clothes are really starting to not fit. And I am soooo loving it. I have to hold my pants up when I walk and my shirts are really looking baggy and sloppy on me. My husband even remarked to me that he wishes I would not wear my favorite sweatshirt out anymore because it is so big on me. Although it made me mad that he would say anything like that, but then it made my day that he is actually noticing also. Little milestones..gotta love em'.

My food intake is much better. I have found my favorite food is tuna and I love buying those lunch packs that come with tuna, crackers, and low fat mayo and I make a meal out of that. It's quick and easy. Plus it has great protein and it fills me up. I have been struggling with some fruit like oranges and pinapple and I really miss them. But for some reason the acid in those fruits make my pouch feel tight. On Easter I made my favorite Jell-O salad. It is lime jello with pinapple, cream cheese, and pecans. It is so yummy that I made some more for this week. I of course use sugar free lime jello and low fat cream cheese and it makes a great healthy snack full of protein from the cream cheese. YUMMY! Here is the recipe:

Katey's Lime Jell-O Salad

2 boxes of sugar free Lime Jell-O
1 can of crushed pinapple
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 box of low fat cream cheese

Make the jello-o according to box. Let set for 3 hours. In large mixing bowl put in the jell-o and the cream cheese. Mix with a mixer until creamy smooth with some chunks of cream cheese showing. Put mixture into a suitable dish and mix in pecans and pinapple and put back into refrigerator to set over night.

I eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I just love it. I hope you like it to. I am starting to experiment a little more with my food choices and still making sure that everything that I do eat is low fat, low sugar, and low carbs. I am feeling better, more healthier, and have much more energy. I am also sleeping better. My boobs are not getting in the way of my airways anymore. Not that they are disappearing (Thank You God!) but they are getting just a tit bit smaller (I even make myself laugh, ha ha ha).

So you remember that my last blog was the night before I was to return to work? And do you remember how nervous and sad that I was going back to work? Well, it wasn't so bad. I didn't realize how much my coworkers missed me and how much I was actually needed at work. It made me feel good that on my day back to work people were exclaiming how much I had changed and how good I looked. I guess I really needed that.

I am the type of person that needs attention and needs compliments. I am learning a lot about myself and I am finding that I really didn't like the person I had become when I was heavier. I was angry all the time and I was hateful towards people because of all the hatred I had towards myself. I am working on myself one day at a time and I am becoming a much happier me. I was told the other day by a customer that he can tell real beauty by someones smile and how geniune it is. He said, "you are very beautiful inside and out." I was a little taken aback, but I looked in his eyes and just smiled because I am finally feeling beautiful inside and I guess my outside is finally catching up.

~Highlights of my day~

1. Answered the phone at work today and got 3 new activations with 2 Blackberrys out of it. Rock on!
2. Waking up this morning with a smile on my face. Must have been dreaming about Edward.
3. And last but not least, weighing in at 348. Stoked!

2 comments:

Adan said...

good work katey. being a goal setter myself. I would break down the big goals into little ones. Like instead of going for 300, go for 339. then 329. then 319. then 309. then 299. it's smaller, more attainable in short term, that way it keeps up that motivation.

same at work. this months goal is 54. my goals were in days, not weeks.

Keep it up!

Just Jules said...

you sound like you are in much better spirits!

love the dr. p pic