Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just sittin' in the hospital


Okay so I will be blogging little snipets all day today. My mom is having her gastric bypass at Riverside in Columbus, OH today. So we are sitting here in the waiting room waiting for her name to be called to go back for her surgery.

I have never seen so many people in a waiting room before. I mean that there has to be at least 100 people in here. And this is a cramped waiting room. I am relieved to find a table and some chairs for all of us to sit together. My husband just asked, "I've never seen so many people before. What the hell all they all here for?" I replied, "They heard you were coming today." He gave me that look. You know that look that says you're so funny. All I can say is thank God for wifi. At least I have something to do to keep me occupied. I figure 3 hours for surgery, 1-2 hours in recovery...so I have a good 5 hours to waste. I did bring some work with me today so maybe I will work on that.

So while I'm just sitting here with my dad, my husband, my mamaw, and papaw listening to my dad tell funny jokes, I'm trying to get my dad's hair to lay down. I asked him if he combed it this morning and he said that mom told him that it looked fine. Well he looks like he just went through a wind tunnel. So I am trying furiously to make it look halfway presentable. Finally I just ask him, "do you ever look in a mirror?" His hilarious reply was, "what's that?" So funny. I don't think he shaved this morning either. Ugh what a great start to a long day.

3 comments:

~*~HOT*MAMA~*~ said...

Awww all the best for your mum having her bypass today :) It's lovely that she has all of you there to support her and be there for her when she is out of recovery...

Katey B. said...

Hey thanks for the comment!

Just Jules said...

Hospitals - waiting rooms - oh yeah, been there done that waaaaaaay too much. Hope all went well.