Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy 1 Month Annverisary To Me!

I woke up this morning and realized that today is March 23rd. And I thought to myself, "Today is my one month anniversary of having surgery. It's been 4 weeks and I am now allowed soft foods. Yea!" So I got out of bed and I am starting laundry and packing bags to go to my parents for my grandfather's funeral. As I am doing all of this I check my cell phone for messages and notice that my aunt has sent me a text saying that if I want to write and/or read a personal note at Grandpa's funeral I can. Now I am at a loss. I have so many things going on in my mind that I have no idea what to say or even if what I want to say is what I want others to hear also. I will have to think about it. But nevertheless, I am going to try enjoy my day and enjoy my scrambled eggs that I made for myself for breakfast.

3 comments:

Just Jules said...

Sometimes our thoughts about family can't be adequately expressed to others - I get it. I read at one of granparents funeral, but I felt compelled to. I wrote the letter/ message to myself and then found out they needed speakers.... it was different.

Congrats on the eggs. I admire your determination. I had to fast for a day+ yesterday for a surgery and thought I would surely die ;)

Keep on keeping on.

~DokterKenny said...

Sorry for you loss, but congratulations on your victory!

Adan said...

MMmmmm eggs