Friday, March 6, 2009

You May Not Want To Read This. (Blog of Bitching)


I know I haven't posted in a while and yeah, I'm sorry. I haven't been feeling up to it. I am stuck in a rut. I don't sleep much and I am cranky. It has been 11 days since my surgery and I am just blah. You caught me in a bad mood.

So here are the details: I have lost a total of 31 lbs. Go me. (I am so in a bad mood.)

I am in such a funk that I haven't twittered, facebook'd, or changed my Blackberry Messenger status. I don't know what my deal is. I left the house the other day with my mom and we went grocery shopping, got my haircut, and we dropped books off at the library. I don't feel like leaving the house anymore. I was so tired when I got home that day that even when I tried to take a nap, I couldn't.

See, my problem with not sleeping is that I have to sleep on my back all night. And well, I just have a hard time doing that. I start out okay, but then my back starts to hurt and I get the willies in my legs and arms, so then I have to sit up and rock back and forth. It sucks. I used to be able to sleep no problem. When I would go to bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light. Now I lay awake and listen to my husband snore and my stomach gurgle.

Then today happened. I actually slept some last night and thought it was going to be a good day. What was I thinking. I must have the worst luck in the world. I get a text message from my husband stating, "hot water tank is busted...no hot water". Just freakin great. And here I thought I was going to have a good day. I thought wrong. So no shower. No running the dishwasher. No doing laundry. I then decided to say screw it and went downstairs and watched my dvr shows all day. I didn't do a damn thing.

The one thing I did do is eat. Well, drink in my case. But I also did a little eating. Yep, gonna tell ya the truth. I had carrots and cauliflower. Yeah, I chewed it until it was like mush, but now I am paying for it. It hurts to breath and I can't make the pain go away. I am such a dumb ass. I should have known better. I shouldn't have started food so soon. I learned my lesson.

I would tell my husband about it, but he and I got into an argument about the water heater and now he is ignoring me. Probably because I am such a naggy bitch of a wife. Yep, I suck. Today sucked. And I can't even sleep for the day to just go away. I screwed.

2 comments:

~DokterKenny said...

Hey I cannot stress this enough Follow Your Dietary restrictions! The last thing you want to do is end up back in the hospital with a blockage or even worse pop your stitches. You will have a lack of energy due to the diet, and lord I know how hard it is right now. You need to get into a support group to talk about ways to spice up your diet even at the stage you are at. Hang in there! It gets better at every stage, trust me. Also talk to the doc to see if you need to be on iron. Iron absorption became an issue for me post surgery. You are already anemic as it is, throw in the fact you are a woman you may very well need to supplement your iron. B12 is going to be critical for your energy levels and for God's sake whatever you do AVOID anything with sugar.I know it seems like forever, but soon with every level of change in the diet the next food will be like nectar of the Gods :-). Keep your eye on the prize. Remember nothing tastes as good as thin!!

Just Jules said...

Back the truck up. You had MAJOR surgery 11 days ago. First of all anethsia makes you feel like crap and out of sorts for a month and it stays in your system for up to a year (trust me I am queen of surgery - another one scheduled on the 23rd). Second your body is freakin' out right now. It has to adjust to what you did to it, plus the rapid weight loss. Which really - that is a TON of weight for 11 days! WoW.

Slow down, give yourself time and invest in or borrow one kick ass recliner that is super comfy and prop a pillow up and sleep there slightly inclined. No worries of rolling and backs feel better.

In a years time you and your great bod will have adjusted and it will all be bad memories.
Hang in there - go slow. Give YOURSELF a break!